WHO’S BEHIND APPSBLOGGER?
My name is Jeanne Pi (as in 3.14159), and AppsBlogger.com is where I blog mostly about marketing, PR, entrepreneurship and bootstrapping a startup.
A Bit About Me
I’m a serial entrepreneur who makes her living online. Here are some highlights:
- Have a degree in Business Administration and a Juris Doctor.
- Got a securities license and worked briefly for an investment broker.
- Flirted briefly with the idea of becoming a musician.
- Started a small law firm, realized I HATED the practice of law, and closed it down after only a year. Yet, it was long enough for me to get profiled in a 2003 article in Texas Lawyer about lawyers who’ve taken an innovative approach to the law (for a niche legal website I’d set up). This was when I was first bitten by the internet marketing bug.
- Dabbled in day trading (aka glorified gambling).
- Managed an apartment community.
- Dealed in real estate (aka flipping houses) right before the housing market tanked.
- Taught myself WordPress and Joomla through years of trial and error building my own sites and sites for others. While I don’t consider myself a web designer, I know just enough to be dangerous (to myself).
- Built a successful affiliate website earning a decent passive income.
- Wrote The Hungry Games: A Tasty Serving of Business Strategies for M.A.D. (Mobile Application Development) Success.
- Published an Android app: App Market Analytics.
So Why the AppsBlogger Blog?
Now that I’ve had some success in the online world, I am taking it to the next level. The focus of this blog is on marketing, promotion, and business building. I will give you a view from the trenches. A front row seat to how I develop and market my own products plus the trials and tribulations of a startup.
But that’s not all … (I’m starting to sound like an infomercial)
This blog is about building a sustainable and scalable business … with a single slave, I mean employee: YOU. Yes, let’s not fool ourselves. You WILL be a slave to your business, at least in the beginning. Don’t believe me? This is what a *real* online business looks like (the picture that get-rich-quick marketers don’t show you):
Source: Strategic Profits
Does looking at the above scare you? If not, it should. The above graphic may seems overwhelming, but through the use of leverage, you CAN compete on equal footing with larger businesses. You’ve always wanted a start an online business? Well, here’s your chance, and if you’re willing to put in all the hard work, the rewards are definitely worth it.
Don’t know how you can possibly tackle all these tasks by yourself? Well, you’re in the right place. It can be done because I’ve done it.
It’s All About Leverage
Here’s the deal:
You must learn about leverage to be a successful solo entrepreneur online. What makes a solo startup successful is just proper execution of leverage.
Through AppsBlogger, I will show how you can:
- cut the learning curve (when you don’t have enough time)
- achieve more with less (when you don’t have enough money)
- work smarter, not harder (when you don’t have enough resources)
- maximize results with less effort (when you don’t have enough motivation)
Here’s to your successful online business,